Green Dot is a financial technology and banking firm based in Pasadena, California. It is known as the world’s largest prepaid debit card issuer in the world. In addition, the firm also provides financial and payment technologies for many major incorporations, such as Uber, Apple, or Intuit. Green Dot’s services are currently available at approximately 100,000 retail stores around the United States.
Before using your new prepaid card at Green Dot, you have to register and activate it first. In this guide, we will show you how to activate your new prepaid card at Green Dot online.
How to activate your new prepaid card at Green Dot
Below are some simple steps that you should follow to activate your new prepaid card at Green Dot:
Step 1: Go to the official site for Green Dot card activation at greendot.com/activate
Step 2: Enter the information of your Green Dot prepaid card, including 16-digit card number, CVV number, and expiration date.
Step 3: Click on “Next”.
Step 4: Enter your information, including full name, date of birth, gender, social security number, and address.
Step 5: Click on “Submit” to complete the activation process.
Necessary information you need to know
Below are some important things that you should keep in mind when activating your new prepaid card at Green Dot:
– You can only purchase a new Green Dot prepaid card in the stores. Thus, find the nearest shop and ask for this product rather than searching online.
– Currently, there are two options for prepaid cards at Green Dot. These include Prepaid Visa Card and Load & Go Prepaid Visa Card.
– If you get an error message when activating, make sure to check if you entered the right numbers. If the problem still occurs, call the customer support number to resolve the issue.
– You can also download the Green Dot free app to activate your new prepaid card.
– Your first, last, and middle name that you enter during the activation process should match the name as it is shown on your government-issued ID.
List of relevant links
Support Center: www.greendot.com/for-people/help/card-help
If you experience any issues or have any questions during the card activation process, then go to the support center of Green Dot. Here you can find the answers to many frequently asked questions in activating and using your new prepaid card at Green Dot.
Contact Service: www.greendot.com/contact-us
In case you want to contact customer support, then go to the site to find its mailing address, phone number, and email.