Citi is the largest issuer of credit and debit cards in the world. Even though the largest one does not necessarily always indicate the best service, this corporation offers appropriate services with small business and consumer credit cards for catering to all needs.
In other words, Citi always has a solution to fit a wide range of spending plans, whether you want to finance your small businesses or get rewards for purchase.
With so many options out there, this guide will help you choose the best credit card issued by Citi.
How to choose the right credit card at Citi for your needs
Credit cards play a key role in daily activities. Their potential rewards and convenience make them a very lucrative option for careful spenders. But it is not easy to choose the right one for you as there are so many options available out there. Here are a few important factors to look for before applying for a credit card at Citi:
– Credit score: In most cases, you need to have a good credit score to apply for a credit card at City. Make sure to check this factor at some monitoring sites. The higher is always better as it increases your chance of approval and reduces the interest rates.
– Cashback versus points: Many credit cards often provide cash back each month. This can be a great option if you don’t have time or patience for redeeming points. However, the point offers often provide more benefits.
– Line of credit: Having many lines of credit could be good for a credit score because it would reduce the proportion of debt to credit. However, opening more than you are actually using would hurt the credit score, especially when you open too quickly. Thus, avoid signing up more than you need.
Common card terms and offers for credit card options at Citi
Below are some important features that you should look for when choosing a credit card at Citi:
– APR: APR is the interest card on the credit card that you will pay when you have a balance. Many options come with a low APR for balance transfers or purchases, then they would go up after 1 or 2 years
– Annual fee: Some credit cards might have an annual fee for using. It would be worth paying this fee if you can get enough perks and rewards to compensate for the expense
– Rewards: The standard for most rewards might range from 1 percent to 2 percent of general spending. Some specific categories might have more generous offers, such as 5 percent on groceries or gas
– Minimum payments: Make sure to figure out how much of the balance you are required to pay every month. In most cases, you might choose between a part of the balance due or a set minimum
– Sign-up bonuses: Many cards provide a special bonus if you meet some requirements. For instance, you can get $50 cash back when spending more than $1,000 in the designated period
– Other fees: Foreign transaction fees, late fees, balance transfer fees, or cash in advance fees
– Other perks: There might be some additional benefits such as event or concert tickets, roadside assistance, travel or car insurance
How to apply for a credit card online at Citi
You can apply for a credit card easily online at Citi by following these 10 simple steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Citi at www.citi.com.
Step 2: Choose “Credit Cards” on the top menu.
Step 3: On the scroll-down menu, click on “View All Credit Cards”.
Step 4: Browse the site and choose a credit card option that meets your needs and plans.
Step 5: Click on “Learn more and apply”.
Step 6: Choose “Apply now”.
Step 7: Follow the on-screen instructions to provide your personal information. These might include name, date of birth, social security number, home address, and email address.
Step 8: Provide your financial information, including total yearly income, monthly mortgage or rent payment.
Step 9: Read the policies and terms & conditions of your credit card and tick on the box to agree with the site.
Step 10: Click on “Submit” to complete the application process.